Why you should hike Lares trek?
All the Lares Trekking routes are off-the-beaten path throughout the Peruvian Andes mountains in the outlying area of the Sacred Valley in the region of Cusco, travelers can start hiking the Lares trek to Machu Picchu from Lares Valley in the proximity of the hot springs, but also some of the Lares trek routes begin in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, in different places and go across over the Urubamba Mountain range. After all the uphill passing some of the native communities most of the Lares Trails will lead hikers to the famous thermal baths. Some of the most important reasons to hike the Lares trek to Machu Picchu are:
- Trek permits are not required for any of the trekking routes in Lares. This means that you can plan your Lares trek any time of the year. But depending on the season (May- September) you will still need to book in advance to secure your train tickets to Aguas Calientes, as well as your entrance tickets to Machu Picchu or Wayna Picchu.
- In terms of the actual route itinerary, Lares trek has a number of hike options, depending on the fitness level and time availability of the hikers, Lares trails can be customized to be done in 3,4,5 or 6 days of trekking.
- Something which is very important for many people, is that the Lares Valley tour is a lot quieter than the classic Inca Trail and Salkantay trek. Besides the local people, eventually you will get to see another group of hikers going on the same direction or opposite way to your trekking route.
- The Lares Trek has a great benefit of providing a true Andean cultural experience. The popular Lares Valley is home to a numerous traditional Andean communities that have changed no much in the last 5 centuries. It is very likely you will see many local weavers and farmers wearing bride colorful traditional clothing, and depending on your trekking route you might have a chance to participate in some weaving activity. The Lares valley is famous for its hand-made textiles.
- Not many hiking routes around Cusco have Hot Springs, but Lares trek has a very good one, which travelers can enjoy to the end of the trekking on the mountains or to the beginning of the hike, depending on the trekking route they have chosen.