Why you should take Ancascocha trek!
Taking one of the Ancascocha trekking trails is synonym of hiking in the peaceful remote area of the Peruvian Andes mountains, so this is highly recommended for travelers seeking for the best alternative trek to Machu Picchu, those people should consider the following aspects, before choosing the ideal trekking route for a lifetime experience in the magical land of the Incas:
- This great Ancascocha Trek to Machu Picchu can be link up with the Classic Inca Trail hike and is an off the beaten path away from the regular tourist masses.
- Was recently listed by the National Geographic between the 20 dream hikes on the worldwide Best Hikes list.
- The Ancascocha trek is so far the number one best alternative Machupicchu trek between several other beautiful alternative treks to Machu Picchu.
- The Ancascocha Trek is very unique with breathtaking views of a great mountain scenery and on the last part it allows you to hike the beginning section of the classic Inca Trail trek.
- Ancascocha trails do not require trekking permits from the government office, so travelers can done it in 4, 5 or 6 day of trekking depending on your time availability and level of your fitness.
- Besides all the beautiful villages and mountain scenery. Ancascocha trek to Machu Picchu allows you to visit interesting Inca sites close by the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, on the way to the Sacred Valley of the Incas (km82).
- Ancascocha trek is operated only by a few travel companies in Cusco, which is great for those who want to visit less traveled places and take advantage of the solitude of the camping spots for themselves. Ancascocha trail has no restrictions on camping places.
- In any of the Ancascocha treks you will always have a plan B to finish the trek, so you can arrive on time for the train ride to Aguas Caliente and visit Machupicchu on the scheduled date. But anyway planning to hike the Ancascocha trek means having a good acclimatization to the altitude before to go on the trek.
- To the end of Ancascocha trek to Machu Picchu, travelers have a great chance to hike up to Wayna Picchu Mountain for an amazing view of the site.