Is very well known that Machu Picchu is the main tourist destination in South America, is Peru’s number one archaeological site, the biggest architectural remain of the Inca civilization and a must go place for the most of the world travelers. But visiting Cusco means also seeing another beautiful sites, which you should take as part of your trip to Machu Picchu. At Top Peru Trips we highly recommend travelers taking the following tours as the best excursions of Cusco region:
– Cusco city tour: the best way to see the essential places of Cusco city and the nearby ruins, it takes you to Qoricancha Sun temple, Cathedral, Sacsayhuaman and some other interesting Inca sites. We offer 2 options for Cusco city tour.
– Sacred Valley tour: a full day excursion which allows you to see the relevant sites of the Sacred Valley as the Pisac market, Pisac ruins, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero. Check out our tour options for the Sacred valley day tour.
– Moray & Salt mine: another great tour to see the biggest Inca experimental center called Moray, the popular town of Maras and the spectacular Salt pans still in production, this tour could be combine with Chinchero. We offer Moray & Salt mine day hike as the best option.
– Short Inca Trail: a great day hike on the last part of the Classic Inca Trail, is the best way to arrive to Machu Picchu through the Sun gate. It is highly recommended for the wet season because it allows you to experience Machu Picchu twice. This short Inca Trail hike covers 13km of trek into the cloud forest before the final destination.
– Machu Picchu: in the bucket list of the most travelers visiting South America, a busy place year-round so our recommended tour are: Machu Picchu explorer 2 day tour, Sacred Valley excursion & Machu Picchu 2 day or the short Inca Trail hike. Those allow you to experience everything about this magical place including the hike to Wayna Picchu.
– Rainbow Mountain Peru: a great geological formation in the proximity of Mt Ausangate, in the last 3 years it became a popular tourist destination for people visiting Cusco. Any of the Rainbow Mountain trips is a true challenge tours due its location in the high altitude, the most known treks to get there are: full day Rainbow Mountain Trek Full day and 2 day trek to the Rainbow Mountains Cusco as the short ones. But between the multi-day treks we recommend taking: Ancascocha trek, Lares trek, Cachicata trek, Choquequirao trek, Rainbow Mountain tour & Ausangate 4 day and the Vinicunca trek 3 day as the most beautiful ones and now we also have available the full Ausangate trek 6 day, for adventure hikers.