Ancascocha Peru Trek, Packing List
The suggested packing list for Ancascocha trek and the rest of the other trekking routes going through the Peruvian Andes mountains are almost the same, due to cold weather conditions at night in winter time (May -August) a change of warm clothing is highly recommended and for the shoulder months (April, September, October and November) trekkers should have a good rain gear. those are the most essential things for Ancascocha trek to Machu Picchu, but for a detaled information of what to bring with you check out our advised packing list below:
- Backpack (40 liters should be quite sufficient).
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- A four season sleeping bag (can be rented in Cusco)
- Warm clothes (a waterproof jacket)
- 2 pairs long trousers (lightweight)
- 2 T-shirts at least
- 1 short-sleeved shirt
- 1 long-sleeved shirt
- 1 pair of shorts(zipper-off pants)
Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended for Ancascocha trek, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights).
- Fleece jacket and warm jacket
- Change of t-shirts and a couple pears of pants
- Rain jacket or poncho and gloves
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Toiletries: soap, toothbrush, toothpaste & toilet paper etc.
- Sun cream, lip stick, sun glasses.
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Personal first aid kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Money belt + passport + emergency money
- Camera + film (film can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Water purification tablets (tablets can be bought in Cusco).
- Cash in soles or US dollars
- trekking poles